Writing 101

I have always been very fond of writing (hence the blog). More than an outlet, it's a good exercise for your creative ideas to start flowing.

During high school, I started a Wattpad account so I could post some of the stuff I did. It was a minefield of stories, and it helped in keeping your creativity growing.

>>> Wattpad Account <<<

A few years back, I posted three of my stories over at the account.


The most updated one, Bite In, was about a boarding school transferee who woke up to his whole town overrun by the undead. It got some amount of views and comments, and I kept it updated until 2011. Eventually, I became too busy and put it on hold. Most recently, in 2015, I updated one more chapter, vowing to complete the whole novel. Unfortunately, I still haven't updated yet, and the story is stuck on that last chapter.

I'm working on finishing the next chapter, although, to be honest, I don't really have the whole plot figured out yet. I still need to work on that.



The second story I posted was entitled 'Killing Faith'. I envisioned it to be a sort of psycho-horror, mystery drama story which would unfold several pieces of important revelations by each chapter. The plot revolved around a famous singer whose life got turned upside down when her past came back to haunt her. However, since I didn't really write the whole plot down, I forgot some of the important plot points I had in mind. Now, it's stuck at its second chapter. I have also recently brought it down just until I figure out how to continue the story.

The last story I posted is called 'Powered Volume One: Apocalypse'. It's part of a proposed trilogy (hence, the title). So far, it's the only novel I'm working on where I've plotted each chapter. So far, the first volume plot is complete. I have it written down and broken into chapters so I don't forget the important plot points.

So far, I have the first three chapters (plus a prologue) posted. I'm working on writing the next chapters and I hope to finish it by January or February next year. After that, I'll continue plotting the next two volumes (I have a general idea of the plots of the next two volumes but it's still a little bit cloudy on my part).




Anyway, there are also some bits and pieces of stories I'm working on besides the three above, which I still haven't posted anywhere. I have one called 'Of Sleeping and Waking' which explores the possibility of lucid dreaming and tying that into a psycho-horror mystery that gets crazier with each chapter. So far, I have only written two chapters that I'm still not quite satisfied yet. I also have another story called 'Halloween Express' which is supposed to follow the format of the movies 'Valentine's Day' and 'New Years' Eve', where several stories happen during Halloween that all ties together by the end of the event. I've only written one chapter, but I have a general outline of how everything goes. It's not yet tangible but it's getting there.

I'm really very open to comments and suggestions so if you find yourself reading some of my works, please do tell me what you think.

Also, I have decided to post some of the story updates here.

-Wesley

0 Comment