Coke is Glee :)

Hey! So yesterday was fun (well, kinda) because one of the dreams proved to exist! Four of the all-star glee cast just went to Manila to launch the new Coca-cola drink (which by the way was a new size of a coke bottle) !

You know how I've been dreaming of this since forever and now they came! It was wonderful, you know, seeing them here, so close that I actually stopped and wondered how they actually existed in the real world. Anyway, enough with the drama, I'm tell you the whole story. :)



So anyway, days before the event, the facebook page Gleek Out Philippines made this contest in order to win Meet and Greet Passes. I actually was about to join but then I remembered that I forgot the camera so no, I didn't join. Then, one day before the event, @Coke_HappyPrez also made this contest in order to get VIP Passes. The mechanics was to like their FB page and follow their Twitter account then tweet:

"Coke is Glee because __________ #ItoNa #GleeForCoke"

I did this all day but unfortunately, I still didn't win. :(( But, nevertheless, my goal was to see them and it was fine that I didn't get those VIP Passes.

Anyway, on the day of the event, I woke up early. Too early perhaps. Then I went to McDo UN which was me and my friend's meeting place. Then, we took the bus to PhilCoa. Since it was both our first time to go to QC by bus, it was terrifying. The bus then dropped us off earlier than I expected so we still had to ride a jeepney to get to PhilCoa, then another jeepney to get to Trinoma. :))

We were really psyched when we got there. ^_^ Nothing beats the feeling that we were actually going to see our idols up on stage. Our vibes didn't even waver even though we saw the tremendously long line when we got to the activity center.



We just held to the hope that we would see them soon enough. Then, my other friend texted us that he will also come with us. So all in all, there were three of us.

We just waited in the line and eventually sat down. HAHAHA.
 These are Rizza and Neil. :)
This is me but it's so blurry. :((

So after three hours of waiting, the emcee's voice then boomed from the speakers and the Hunger Games began (LOL). What I mean to say is that the line moved incoherently and spectators just mixed with the line and it just got so crazy. Some others then moved to stay on the handrails but some stayed in line, including us. While moving though, more people closed in around us as the UE Pep Squad did their routine. More people then came to watch the unbelievable and amazing performance done by the group (which by coincidence or not, wore uniforms similar to those of the Cheerios). 




At this point, everything was crazy, cameras were flashing, the crowd was screaming, and such, although it was so fun to even think about that. Then, the line moved forward. It was peaceful at first but became chaotic as we neared the entrance. When we got there though, these guards then didn't allow us to come in. -__- This was also the part when Iya came out as the host. :)
Bad manong guard. HAHA. (joke)

So we were kinda stuck there with dozens of people around us. AAAAnd, the ironic part is that when I looked around me, these people are Gleeks. And I peered inside and saw Kathryn Bernardo's fans. And I just though "Whhhaaaaat?!" . Nevertheless, the gleeks came out from the backstage and entered the stage. :)


Julia, Joseph, Kathryn, and Enchong

Jacob Artist, Melissa Benoist (ma labs), Becca Tobin, and Dean Geyer



No offense, but Kathryn's fans were irritating. Seriously. Anyway, I did fulfill my goal of seeing them which is actually the main point of my visit. 

Oh, and these are the pictures we took while screaming and lifting our banners. :))





After that, they then opened the humongous crate and inside was a vending machine which spouts coke. :) Then, the glee cast and the local artists lined up the stage for a photo session. :))

The artists line up. (note: this photo is not mine. Check out Gleek Out Philippines ' page in FB)

And here is a video of it (not mine too.)




At this point, we exited the river of people at the entrance and our way to the big tarpaulin with coke logos to take more pictures. :))



After that, we made our way behind the backstage to watch the stars strut their way out of the center. :)


I actually took a video of it. :)







Afterwards, due to a very exhausting screaming, we changed our clothes (because our clothes clung to our skin now) then we went to Mang Inasal for lunch. :)


So, after a very fulfilling lunch...

It's time to do a little photoshoot of our own. :)


And that little balloon I have in my hand was the only souvenir we got. HAHAHA. :)

Well, after that we said goodbye to Trinoma. :)



I do hope that next time there will be a Glee Concert, which I will attend no matter what. Hell will freeze before I let anyone prevent me from attending that. :)

Till then, I can sure say that this is a moment I will always remember. :)

Bye, gleeks!


-Venz





0 Comment